Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dear Canon Camera... WHY?!?!

Canon. Honestly. Since we started working together back in '03, when I bought my XL1S, you have always played with my heart. I know you can build cameras, I know you can build amazing glass. I know you can do all these amazing things.

So WHY can I not get it all in one camera?!

The XL1S. Great glass. Decent ergonomics. BUT no 24p.
The 5D. Great Glass. Adjustable ISO. BUT that H264 compression was beyond brutal.

And now the C300. A $20,000 camera body that has a beautiful sensor and a real mount (PL) for real glass. But I hope I'm reading this wrong because it SEEMS like you're only going to give me 4:2:2 color space and no option for uncompressed out. $20,000... for 4:2:2 compressed. I'm going to put this as delicately as I can... Are you trying to make me cheat on you?

You've officially become the girlfriend who surprises me with breakfast in bed... only to discover you've set fire to my kitchen in the process. It's never simple with you! What the hell??

Every time you release a new camera it's like you intentionally hold back on one key ingredient so I won't get emotionally attached to you or something. Would you PLEASE stop playing with my emotions like this? Are we gunna go steady or not? Because you keep pulling the rug out from under me and then I go cheat on you with Panasonic. You make me do this! Panasonic's do everything I want and it does it well. You do one thing absolutely incredibly and then leave me hanging on the rest. It's like the sex is mind-blowing, but I can't get you to stop picking your nose in public!

I'm serious. If we don't fix this relationship by the time your 5D MkIII comes out, I'm leaving you for good and I'm going off to marry an Alexa. She might not be a cheap date like you, but at least I get 4:4:4 RAW data out of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment