Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Continuum Pictures moving forward on Kids stuff

I #@$%ing loved Ghostbusters. I watched them until the VHS snapped. I played with the toys till the wheels on Ecto1 fell off. I went as a Ghostbuster for Halloween. I cannot imagine the frustration of my parents when I repeatedly rolled "the trap" in-between their feet as they walked by. I was hooked.

So my buddy Derrick Camardo, who I have known since 1995, is a novelist in Chicago. We were talking on the phone and he's telling me about this book he's finished about a girl and her hamster, Mr. Snugglymuffin. It's not the puppy she wanted, but she grows to love the little guy anyway, which becomes a problem when Mr. Snugglymuffin grows to Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man size and terrorizes the city. I thought this could make a great movie, kind of a Godzilla meets Honey I Blew Up the Kid. So I'm real happy when Continuum Pictures agreed to give it a look and see if we can bring "Mr. Snugglymuffin's Rampage" to the screen. Anyone know if Randal Kleiser is avail?

So everyone knows the phrase "You know who your friends are when you need help moving". Last night I had to hang these two gigantic paintings in my place. Danny Torres and James Duval are over going over our latest developments when they spot all the stuff (the drills, the ladder, etc) for hanging. 5 minutes later we're continuing our business meeting while I'm on ladder, Danny's hanging from the stairwell keeping the painting from falling on my head, James is making sure neither of us fall to our deaths, all as if this were normal. I love my business partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment